I’m originally from Australia but now split my time between London and Cambridge. I’m a mathematician – which is more interesting than you might think – but write short stories in my spare time. You can find some of these in my blog posts, or in the (inevitably out-of-date!) list below.
I’m a member of The Whole Kahani writing group, which is a collective of British South Asian writers. Many of my stories are centred around the north of England (Northumberland and Teeside) or Pahang, as I have close family ties with both. If you recognise any of the locations, drop me a line!
- C. G. Menon. “Sacraments” in Lynne Bryan & Belona Greenwood (ed.) Words & Women Three: Unthank Books.
- C. G. Menon. “For You Are Julia”, in The Lonely Crowd, Issue 4.
- C. G. Menon. “Twelve, With A Bowl Cut”, in Carried In Waves UCC 9.3 FM.
- C. G. Menon. “Spring Tides”, in Lucy Carroll (ed.) Fugue Vol II: The Siren, 2015, pp 123 – 137.
- C. G. Menon. “Clay For Bones”, The Short Story Prize, http://www.theshortstory.net/, 2015.
- C. G. Menon. “Daylight Savings”, F(r)iction, 2015, Issue 1, Tethered By Letters Press, pp 42 – 47.
- C. G. Menon. “Seascapes”, Asian Writer Prize, http://theasianwriter.co.uk/2015/04/the-asian-writer-short-story-competition-winner-seascapes/, 2015.
- C. G. Menon. “Dust and Spices” in The University of Winchester Writers’ Festival Best of 2015: Winchester, Sarsen Press, pp 41 – 45.
- C. G. Menon. “Foxgloves” in Gaynor Arnold (ed.) Still Life: Birmingham, Rubery Press, 2015, pp 90 – 98.
- C. G. Menon. “Songs From The Old Country”, WriteIdea shortlist, www.writeideafestival.org, 2014.
- C. G. Menon. “Rock Pools” in Stephen Moran (ed.) Willesden Herald New Short Stories 8: Pretend Genius Press, 2014, pp 99 – 111.
- C. G. Menon. “A Time For Rain” in Lynne Bryan & Belona Greenwood (ed.) Words & Women One: Milton Keynes, Unthank Books, 2014, pp 95 – 103.